Acquisition of the Cape group (UK)
Acquisition of the Prezioso Linjebygg group (France)
Acquisition of the Hertel group (Netherlands)
Development focus on the hire and services business in Europe
Development of the service activity with the takeover of Balliauw (Belgium, France, Netherlands)
Development of activities in Europe (through the creation of new subsidiaries and targeted acquisitions)
Strong development of activities on the French territory
Takeover of Altrad Saint Denis (manufacturer of concrete mixers)
Start of production of equipment for local authorities
Creation with the takeover of Mefran (specialised in scaffold manufacturing)
Heritage & Future
Altrad Services is organised around multidisciplinary teams with an unprecedented wealth of expertise. This offer, the very first of its kind available in the industrial market, is adapted to the specific needs of each customer. This high added value and wealth creation approach is the result of several unique stories that gave birth to Altrad Services.
- 1985: The Altrad group is founded in Montpellier, France.
- Today, the group is still led by its founder Mohed Altrad. In 30 years, it has become a major player in the construction equipment manufacturing and distribution sector.
- In 2006, the group arrived at a significant turning point through the takeover of Balliauw which specialises in the provision of services to the industrial sector.
- In 2015-2017, this strategy is confirmed as Altrad triples its size in just two years, following the takeover of three leading European industrial services companies: firstly, the Dutch firm Hertel, then the French group Prezioso Linjebygg, and finally the British leader Cape plc.
- These three major operations complete the already significant list of companies which specialise in the provision of industrial services: Altrad Services is today the successful integration of various Altrad companies, all leaders in their respective markets: Altrad Balliauw, Hertel, Prezioso Linjebygg, Cape plc, but also Altrad Rodisola, Altrad NSG, Poujaud and Comi Service.
“When I acquired my first company in 1985, I had no plans in mind to build it into a group with an international dimension. I wanted above all to allow the company to develop. But over the years, many steps have been taken and the Altrad group is now extremely solid. It is true that nothing can be taken for granted, but I think we can all be confident for the future.”