Six Nations 2023: kicks off
As you may already be aware, the men’s Six Nations 2023 kicks off this Saturday in Cardiff where Ireland will face Wales at the Principality Stadium, followed by England versus Scotland at Twickenham Stadium in London.
The 2022 Grand Slam champions will begin their tournament on Sunday afternoon at the Stadio Olimpico where they’ll be playing against Italy.
It is safe to say that Les Bleus will be under much pressure - not only having to defend their winning title, but also as it is 7 months until the Rugby World Cup kicks off on home territory. With a record breaking 13-win streak and an entire year behind them undefeated, the eyes of the rugby world will be watching them very closely… and so will we!
The women’s tournament takes place after the men’s, in late March. Last year, we saw the Red Roses beat les Bleues in the final round of the tournament to secure their 18th victory. Both teams put on an astonishing performance in the subsequent Women’s Rugby World Cup later that year by coming 2nd and 3rd respectively. With the women’s rugby being stronger than ever, there is much we look forward to seeing in a few weeks’ time.
As a reminder, here is the calendar of the men’s Six Nations 2023. The XV de France will play two home games at the Stade de France, and three away games:
- Italy – France: February 5, 2023 at the Stadio Olimpico, Rome, at 3:00 p.m. (local time)
- Ireland – France: February 11, 2023 at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin, at 2:15 p.m. (local time)
- France – Scotland: February 26, 2023 at the Stade de France, Paris, at 3:00 p.m. (local time)
- England – France: March 11, 2023 at Twickenham, London, at 4:45 p.m. (local time)
- France – Wales: March 18, 2023 at the Stade de France, Paris, at 2:45 p.m. (local time)
For the women’s Six Nations fixtures, please see below:
- Italy – France: March 26, 2023 at the Stadio Sergio - Lanfranchi, Parma, at 4:00 p.m. (local time)
- Ireland – France: April 1, 2023 at Musgrave Park, Cork, at 4:15 p.m. (local time)
- France – Scotland: April 16, 2023 at the Stade de la Rabine, Vannes, at 4:15 p.m. (local time)
- France – Wales: April 23, 2023 at the Stade des Alpes, Grenoble, at 4:15 p.m. (local time)
- England – France: April 29, 2023 at Twickenham, London, at 2:00 p.m. (local time)
Enjoy the matches and for those lucky people heading out to the games, have fun!