Analysis plays an important role in the maintenance management process. To ensure reliability, some analyses should be performed prior to the construction of a facility; others should be carried out before commissioning. In case of unplanned incidents, asset owners should also consider to perform analyses to reveal underlying causes.
- Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Root-Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Risk and vulnerability assessment (ROS)
- Safety Integrity Level Analysis (SIL)
- Point-of-view analysis.